Ok, I have completely messed my readers.conf file up...

Jeffrey Davis jeff at xsusio.com
Mon Aug 20 23:15:12 UTC 2001

Ok, I have completely messed my readers.conf file up...

Here are the authentication programs that I have in /usr/bin/auth/passwd
ckpasswd
pwcheck

Here is what I have now in readers.conf

auth "default" {
        hosts: "*"
        auth: "ckpasswd -s"
}

access "default" {
        users: "*"
        newsgroups: *
        access: "Read Post"
}

I want to be able to allow users with local accounts on my box to connect
from ANY host as long as they have the correct password.

With the above setup I get a 502 authentication error from Outlook Express.

Would it be easier to setup a MySql database with username and passwords?

Any help is greatly appreciated... I have to admit that I couldn't make too
much sense of the readers.conf man page :-P