bad_auth error

Bill Tangren bjt at aa.usno.navy.mil
Wed Aug 29 21:23:17 UTC 2001

> On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Bill Tangren wrote:
>
> > I tried both. No luck. There is no where (that I know) that I specify
> > _how_ inn should verify a valid user. Should I do so somewhere?
>
> Umm, you put auth or resolv lines in your auth blocks.  It's discussed in
> readers.conf(5).
>
> I believe what you were doing does IP-only access, which sounded like what
> you want.
>

> --
> Jeffrey M. Vinocur
> jeff at litech.org

In the readers.conf man page, two lines in the auth blocks are mentioned:

auth: <auth-program>
res: <res-program>

I currently have:

auth "lan-wide" {
   hosts: "10.1.5.0/24"
   default: "<local>@10.1.5.58"
   default-domain: "10.1.5.58"
}
 and I don't have those two lines included. Should I include them, and what should I use
for <auth-program> and <res-program>. I compiled inn "--with-openssl". However, I don't
know what these two parameters should be, and the man page doesn't say.

Bill Tangren