Red Hat Linux, inn 2.3.1, findmissing.pl and expireover -a -s

Terry Letsche letsche at INAV.NET
Thu Aug 30 18:40:24 UTC 2001

I'm currently fixing/rebuilding the overview db, not sure if I need to
rebuild history or not. I'm using the command:

makehistory -b -O -x -F

and I'm seeing literally thousands of this error:
Aug 30 13:36:28 news makehistory[12298]: tradspool: can't determine class:
@050000003CD9000010AB0000000000000000@: Bad article handle
Aug 30 13:36:28 news makehistory[12298]: tradspool: can't determine class:
@050000003CD9000010AC0000000000000000@: Bad article handle

My storage.conf has this in it:
method tradspool {
        newsgroups: *
        class: 1
}

What is the recommended way to recover from a crash? I was hoping that
using a journaled filesystem would alleviate some of the pain, but after
news came back up I get:
Aug 30 07:01:01 news rnews: rejected connection 400 File exists writing
SMstore
file -- throttling

Doing a ctlinnd renumber "" didn't help, so I resorted to this.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Terry
===