INN upgrade

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 6 14:10:45 UTC 2001

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 12:20:26AM +0100, Roberto Bertucci wrote:

> Hi all, i am planning to move from v2.2.3 to 2.3.1.
> Is it possible to keep old spool (cycbuffs) and history rebuilding binaries
> with a 'make update'?

When I did this on my RH 6.2 box I had to manually migrate the configs in
/etc/news/ to:

* manually migrate settings to the new /etc/news/ files and formats
* rebuild history and overview data
* spool was left alone, no change

I don't know for _sure_ that rebuilding the history and overview db were
required for the upgrade but regardless, because of the way I did the
upgrade it was required in my situation.

--
Regards,
 Scott Russell (lnxgeek at us.ibm.com)