Non-overchan overview?

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Dec 11 22:55:13 UTC 2001

In article <20011207.073754.28783661.kondou at isc.org>,
Katsuhiro Kondou  <Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org> wrote:

| In article <9ugcff$l42$1 at gatekeeper.tmr.com>,
| 	davidsen at tmr.com (bill davidsen) wrote;
|
| } I tried building CURRENT from 12-01 and using built-in overview rather
| } than overchan, and got a bunch of "can't write file" errors. Rather than
| } fight with it I just used overchan, but is there a problem in that area?
| } Using tradindexed.
|
| Could you show the error log you got?

Unfortunately not any more. The logs have rolled, and it's now
production. The only thing I changed between working (now) and failing
(then) was to use overchan in inn.conf. And the error was as above with
a filename.

The system is off the net (in a box in an airplane) and will be uncrated
and cabled on the other side of the continent, where it is supposed to
be a drop-in install. If it isn't someone gets to fly to California and
explain why it isn't working tomorrow.

When I get it back I'll browse the source for the error message, I
needed it too quickly to do any playing at all. I expect to do another
one in the next month, so I can try again. The system was getting a
catch up feed, 80-90 MB/s ~450 art/s. Wish I had GB etherenet!

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc