readers.conf

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri Dec 14 03:14:54 UTC 2001

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, cnshosting wrote:

> auth "cnshosting" {
> hosts: "*"
> default: "<no-user>"
> default-domain: "<no-domain>"
> }
>
> access "cnshosting" {
> users: "*"
> newsgroups: "cnshosting.*"
> access: "RP"
> }
>
> Should I leave in the first entry about the local host? I thought I
> should but didn't know.

If you read the documentation, you will see that the last matching auth
block is used.  That means your cns block (with "hosts: *") will always
match and will always be used.  So the localhost stuff is irrelevant.

> what do I need to change on the second entry so people have to supply
> a password to get on the news server. Thanks for your time. later :)

Have you looked at the manpage and examples?  You need an "auth:" line,
such as "auth: ckpasswd"...

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org