Problems with telneting localhost 119

Radek Wroclawski radek at fkn.net.pl
Wed Dec 19 10:23:14 UTC 2001

Hi,

I have just installed Inn 2.3.2 from rpm (inn-2.3.2-5.i386.rpm) on Red Hat
Linux 7.2. Everything works fine but I can't telnet localhost 119:

[root at fkn root]# telnet localhost 119
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused

There are no entries in the log file about this attempt of connection. When
I try to telnet using real host (IP or domain) address - it works fine.
Content of my /etc/news/readers.conf:

auth "localhost" {
    hosts: "*.fkn.j.pl, fkn.j.pl, localhost, localhost.localdomain,
127.0.0.1, stdin"
    default: "<localhost>"
}
access "localhost" {
    users: "<localhost>"
    newsgroups: "*"
}

What am I doing wrong? Thanx in advance for help.

Pozdrawiam/Best wishes,

Radek Wroclawski | radek at fkn.net.pl | GSM +48 601 249 105
Telekomunikacyjne Centrum Informacyjne FKN.PL
http://www.fkn.pl/ | http://sklep.fkn.pl/ | http://www.eFotka.pl/