wildmat to perl regex

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 1 17:01:16 UTC 2001

Marco d'Itri <md at Linux.IT> writes:

> I'd love to be able to use the real function, but I don't know a lot
> about making good perl packages and I'm not sure if it's reasonable to
> expect a XS perl module to build and be correctly installed out of the
> box on all systems INN supports.  Russ?

It's reasonable, but it would require a chunk of build magic to get it to
all install properly.  It's something that I've been meaning to look at,
but I don't expect it to be particularly simple (I don't really want to
dump INN-specific modules into the regular module tree, for example, so
we'd need to make sure that MakeMaker got the right magic to put
everything in a place that INN could then add to @LIB).

> I also have my News::INN::ICC perl module which would remove the need to
> spawn ctlinnd in all the scripts. (http://www.linux.it/~md/software/)

Yeah, and I'd also like the Perl interface to the storage API so that we
wouldn't have to call sm all over the place.