INN Problem

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 1 17:05:29 UTC 2001

Roger Mårtensson <Roger.Martensson at ite.mh.se> writes:

> I have set up INN 2.3.1 on my Solaris 7 enviroment with cnfs and now
> can't post to it.

> I compiled with LOG_NEWS and tried to find anything in the logs but
> nothing.  The only log entries I get when I try to post doesn't help me
> much.

> Feb  1 09:12:00.084 + not-for-mail <3A791A4F.1B0345E7 at ite.mh.se> 947

Sounds like syslog isn't set up properly; have you followed the
instructions in INSTALL for modifying your syslog.conf?

> Can someone with more experience with inn than me help me?  What does
> 947 mean?

It's the size in bytes of the article.  For information on that log
message, see the innd man page, the section under LOGGING.  Basically it
just says that your server accepted a message.