Timer library

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Feb 3 10:23:44 UTC 2001

Fabien Tassin <fta at sofaraway.org> writes:

> I'm also looking for ideas for a threadable timer measuring all the
> threads at once. I now have a working prototype of INNT that is
> currently only able to eat BW and to log various stats for all incoming
> channels to syslog and to generate a status file.  I'm now working on
> history and I need a timer to see if I'm not figthing in vain with my
> threads and mutexes..

I thought about that some and couldn't come up with any better idea than
measuring each thread independently, but yeah, that makes it a lot harder
to draw general conclusions.

Maybe the right thing to do is start measuring article latency and
throughput through the server in addition to measuring time spent in
various places for identification of bottlenecks?