My problem with new news appearing when reading

Roger Martensson Roger.Martensson at ite.mh.se
Sun Feb 4 14:12:34 UTC 2001

Hi!

Przemyslaw Maciuszko wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Roger Martensson wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to say that I "found" the problem. Thanks to Katsuhiro
>> Kondou talking about overview I read the INSTALL document and found the
>> useoverchan in inn.conf. Somehow I managerd to set this to true. I
>> turned it off and it started to work.
>
> Did You "unhashed" the propriate line in newsfeeds file ?
> I mean the one that allows overchan to run ?
> After setting useoverchan to true in inn.conf ?

As far as I can see yes.

controlchan!\
   :!*,control,control.*,!control.cancel\
   :Tc,Wnsm:/usr/private/news/bin/controlchan

Is this right?

I can also say that a "warning" appears in the logs too.. Something
about innd creating overview while controlchan runs.

Mvh,

Roger Martensson        E-Mail: Roger.Martensson at ite.mh.se
Genvagen 56C
S-831 42 OSTERSUND      Magister Mundi Sum
SWEDEN                  Work: +46-(0)63-16 54 45
Home: +46-(0)63-139583  Cell: +46-(0)70-629 54 45