Timer library

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 6 09:19:30 UTC 2001

Fabien Tassin <fta at sofaraway.org> writes:

> I've already tried to measure article latency inside my first
> implementation of INNT but even without threads, it is not easy. If
> someone has general or even precise ideas on how this can be achieved, I
> for one want to hear them.

Depends on what data unit you use for an article, but if an article
becomes a struct that lives through the lifetime of the article inside
innd, which I think is the case currently and which makes sense as a basic
architecture, you can add a set of struct timevals (or some reduced form
thereof) to the article.

That would mean more calls to gettimeofday than we have currently, though.