Upgrading from inn-2.2.1 to 2.3.1

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 7 20:56:21 UTC 2001

Matthew C Aycock <matt at mathcs.emory.edu> writes:

> I am in the process of upgrading my server. However, I am not sure
> exactly how to do the history and such.

> I want to use my already full cycbuffs as my new one since I am only
> using cnfs. I am also going to buffindexed for my overview. This way I
> never have to worry about running out of disk space :)

> How should I go about doing this. I assume that I need to do a
> makehistory after stoping the old server and creating the new
> buffindexed spaces for the overview.

Right.  Set up the new server, polish up your storage.conf and
cycbuff.conf and make sure it's all set up the way you want it (the
cycbuff.conf can probably be used unchanged from your old server, and
storage.conf may be able to as well), and then run makehistory to
regenerate both history and overview.  The man page should give the
details.