Naming of INN Perl modules

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 13 16:08:36 UTC 2001

Module naming gurus,

INN has over time become more and more entangled with Perl in various ways
and rather than using various Perl 4 era ways of gluing INN with its
included Perl scripts, we're starting to look at including real Perl
modules in the INN distribution to do various things.  Before we put this
into a released version of INN, though, I'd like to get your opinion on
what namespace we should use.

The obvious choices are either INN::* (following the tradition of modules
for other major software packages) or News::INN::* (since, after all, INN
is a news server).  Do you have any particular preferences?

At the moment, I'm leaning towards INN::*, but I could easily be persuaded
otherwise.

Thanks!