[INN-COMMITTERS] inn/lib (timer.c Makefile)

Alex Kiernan alexk at demon.net
Fri Feb 16 09:06:38 UTC 2001

Fabien Tassin <fta at sofaraway.org> writes:

> According to Russ Allbery:
> >
> >    Added: timer.c
> > Modified: Makefile
> >
> > Add a generic profile timer library from Alex Kiernan <alexk at demon.net>,
> > replacing the separate timer code in innd and innfeed.
>
> argh.. I've rewritten innd/timer.c almost from scratch. The
> API is the same but the global variables are not.
> My version can also be used in lib/ to profile both innd and innfeed or
> even whatever you want at the same time (timer_name and the corresponding
> enum must then cover them all).
> I'll send a patch soon but I first need to change innreport a little bit.

Can these changes be used in conjunction with the histstats stuff to
form a clean break between the interface functions (HISlogto) and the
timer functionality (his_logger) - I'm trying to figure out how to
cleanly separate the fine grained timer functionality (which lives in
the per history type module) from the interface (which lives in the
interface modules), without adding additional call throughs from one
to the other (when you've only one history mechanism its a
non-problem).

I'm not sure I've explained that well :(