[INN-COMMITTERS] inn/lib (timer.c Makefile)

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 20 01:00:39 UTC 2001

Fabien Tassin <fta at sofaraway.org> writes:

> hmm.. for several reasons, I'm not able to sync now but I want to submit
> this new timer implementation now.

This is now in; I'm sorry about the delay.

> Here is the patch.. 3 files are impacted.

> - 2 to move TMRinit() *before* the first call to TMRstart()

I haven't moved this (yet), but INN should now warn about that call.  I'm
going to try to track down where it is and remove it if possible; if that
isn't feasible, I'll move TMRinit.  I moved stuff around a bunch, so yell
at me if I broke anything.  Error checking should be fairly reasonable at
this point, although if one forgets to close a timer all subsequent timer
calls until that timer is closed will result in error messages to syslog.
We may want to rethink that (maybe close all running timers on an error?).