makehistory & Segmentation fault

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Feb 24 12:41:34 UTC 2001

In article <Pine.LNX.4.30.0102241018240.28699-100000 at oceanic.wsisiz.edu.pl>,
Lukasz Trabinski  <lukasz at wsisiz.edu.pl> wrote:

| After crash my machine (Linux 2.2.19pre10 or 2.4.2) with INN 2.3.1
| I can't rebuild history and buffindexed files.
|
| [news at portraits news]$ makehistory -O  -x
| Segmentation fault

  Looking at your strace log, I wonder if "cnfsstat -a" would tell you
anything interesting. Of course you could be out of buffindex room, in
the past I have noticed that it doesn't handle that gracefully. Is the
segfault quick, or only after the machine grinds for a while?
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc