nntp.access

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 26 21:04:07 UTC 2001

Stian Brekmo <stian at zip.no> writes:

> Can I use nntp.access with INN 2.3.1 ?

There's an implementation of nnrp.access parsing in the sample Perl
authentication hook if you really don't want to convert, but it doesn't
work with usernames/passwords, only for host or IP address entries.

> Or are there some exaples on how to convert or setup readers.conf ?

Not really; it's not straightforward to convert since readers.conf is
really a different way of thinking about the entire process.  I found it
fairly easy to write a readers.conf for my setup, though, once I
understood how it worked, and I just started from first principals and
only used my old nnrp.access to make sure I'd gotten everything.

The man page and example file should (hopefully) help.