Natterings about history files

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Feb 28 20:40:54 UTC 2001

In article <723ddr1zc6.fsf at nd1.eng.demon.net>,
Alex Kiernan  <alexk at demon.net> wrote:

| OK, I'm a fairish chunk of the way there (at least for innd), but I'm
| just trying to figure out if there's ever a need to return a "I've
| seen that article but its expired" distinct from "I know nothing about
| that article" from HISlookup - is there ever a need to retrieve the
| fact that the history file knows posted/arrived information, but that
| its been expired (other than via HIScheck)?

  If it's not going to be a big hit in performance or really hard to
code (I suspect not), I can't see any reason NOT to return all the
information readily available. I'm sure that some future program will
make use of it even if nothing current requires it.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc