CURRENT-20010221

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Feb 28 23:34:25 UTC 2001

In article <ylwvaixw1b.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu>,
Russ Allbery  <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:
| Christophe Wolfhugel <wolf at oleane.net> writes:
| > Bill Davidsen :
|
| >> Built on Linux 2.2.10 (massively patched) and dies without core after a
| >> few minutes. Dies immediately on "reload filter.perl" as well. 0217 died
| >> after a few hours, this isn't that good.
|
| > Doesn't help much for now, but I get the same obseervation as yours,
| > innd dies after a few minutes. But not on "reload filter.perl".
|
| I think this is due to the timer stuff, which should now be fixed... are
| you still seeing this in the snapshot from last night?

  I have it running solid on 20010222 since about 10am that morning. At
least on Linux (several kernels). I will have to put it on AIX soon, not
something I relish.

  I do note that mlock()ing hash, or hash+index doesn't seem to buy me
anything in terms of performance, but overall it's running better than
anything else I have, and I have no short term plans to upgrade for a
bit. Using the development version for production is a last attempt to
keep up with 3500MB/sec and slow disk.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc