tradindexed - Interrupted system call

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 3 13:32:06 UTC 2001

Mirek Luc <mirecki at nask.pl> writes:

> I suppose it was SIGCLD (SIGCHLD). But it doesn't matter.  IMHO this
> file should be patched (like many other source files of INN).  In
> Solaris majority of system functions (open() for example) may return
> with error and errno==EINTR. So such condition should be tested.

There's no way I want to see every system call wrapped like that... it's a
code maintenance nightmare.  It shouldn't be necessary on any modern Unix
with restartable system calls.  The only functions one should need to wrap
in that fashion are writes and network reads.

If Solaris really isn't properly restarting system calls, that's an
operating system bug.