2.3 100 % cpu on host shutdown.

Marcio Gomes marcio at Microlink.com.br
Wed Jan 3 14:24:01 UTC 2001

> > Here outputs last lines ... always freezes in same line,
> > after open group.index
> > open("/usr/local/news/spool/overview/group.index", O_RDWR|O_CREAT, 0664) =
> > open("/usr/local/news/log/expire.rm", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC, 0666) = 7
> > open("/usr/local/news/db/active", O_RDONLY) = 8
> > read(8, "a.bsu.programming 0000000000 000"..., 4096) = 4096
> Freezes? It looks expireover is still working. Maybe tradindexed ovmethod
> is inefficient, too slow for your server. Try buffindexed.

Some questions :

My server at this moment has, only a 10 Gb spool area, it is running
2.4.prerelease linux..

I am not a expert in INND services, but with 2.2 version, it works
fine, after upgrade to 2.3 the problems start.

Why if i do not reboot the machine, expireover news.daily works fine?

Why indd -p4 freezes at the same way, after rc.news startup on reboot ?

Why if i remove group.index file, indd -p4 starts fine, but after
some time I get 400 File exists writing SMstore file -- throttling,

At this moment I am doing a makehistory -b -O

Thanks

Marcio Gomes

Ps. I will try other overmethods