freenix stats with inn-cvs ... ?
skrenta at textport.net
Fri Jan 5 19:05:43 UTC 2001
> can someone send me some instructions on how they have it setup?
Here is what I did. If someone has better info, please let me know too.
1. Grab ninpaths from http://sites.inka.de/~bigred/sw/
It's a shar file (do they still make those?)
2. Add top1000 at anthologeek.net to the MAILCMD line to submit stats
in sendinpaths. This sends it to the http://news.anthologeek.net/
which appears to be the new maintainer of top1000 stats.
3. After compiling ninpaths, install ninpaths and sendinpaths in ~news/bin.
4. Pick a place for your stats to live. I chose ~news/log/path.
Add a line to newsfeeds to invoke ninpaths:
inpaths::Tc,WP:/usr/local/news/bin/ninpaths -p -d \
5. Add a line to cron to submit the stats. I'm not sure what the
best day is -- probably the 1st of the month and not the 28th
like I have here.
0 7 28 * * /usr/local/news/bin/sendinpaths
You can run sendinpaths -n to see it print some stats it has collected
without actually submitting them. I also added the local user news
to the MAILCMD line in sendinpaths so I get a copy as well just to make
sure it went out.
More information about the inn-workers