freenix stats with inn-cvs ... ?

Rich Skrenta skrenta at textport.net
Fri Jan 5 19:05:43 UTC 2001

> can someone send me some instructions on how they have it setup?

Here is what I did.  If someone has better info, please let me know too.

1.  Grab ninpaths from http://sites.inka.de/~bigred/sw/
    It's a shar file (do they still make those?)

2.  Add top1000 at anthologeek.net to the MAILCMD line to submit stats
    in sendinpaths.  This sends it to the http://news.anthologeek.net/
    which appears to be the new maintainer of top1000 stats.

3.  After compiling ninpaths, install ninpaths and sendinpaths in ~news/bin.

4.  Pick a place for your stats to live.  I chose ~news/log/path.
    Add a line to newsfeeds to invoke ninpaths:

	inpaths::Tc,WP:/usr/local/news/bin/ninpaths -p -d \
			/usr/local/news/log/path/inpaths.%d

5.  Add a line to cron to submit the stats.  I'm not sure what the
    best day is -- probably the 1st of the month and not the 28th
    like I have here.

	0 7 28 * *              /usr/local/news/bin/sendinpaths

You can run sendinpaths -n to see it print some stats it has collected
without actually submitting them.  I also added the local user news
to the MAILCMD line in sendinpaths so I get a copy as well just to make
sure it went out.