INN 2.3.1 prerelease -- get it while it's hot
rra at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 8 09:06:17 UTC 2001
A pre-release of INN 2.3.1 is available at:
Let me know if there are any showstopper bugs; in the absence of same,
this will be released and announced shortly. The draft announcement
The Internet Software Consortium is pleased to announce that a new bug-fix
release of INN is available at:
The MD5 checksum of this release is:
A PGP signature will soon be available in the same directory. There is a
patch from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 available there as well.
This is a bug-fix release over 2.3.0. Upgrading an existing INN 2.3.0
installation is as simple as building INN 2.3.1, running make update, and
restarting innd and related programs.
Changes from 2.2.2 are:
* inews no longer downloads the active file, no longer tries to send
postings to moderated groups to the moderator directly, and in general
duplicates less of the functionality of nnrpd, instead letting nnrpd
handle it. This fixes the problem of inews not working properly for
users other than news without being setgid.
* Added a man page for ckpasswd.
* A serious bug in the embedded Perl authentication hooks was fixed,
thanks to Jan Rychter.
* The annoying compilation problem with embedded Perl filtering on Linux
systems without libgdbm installed should be fixed.
* INN now complaints loudly at configure time if the configured path for
temporary files is world-writeable, since this configuration can be a
* Many other varied bug fixes and documentation fixes of all sorts.
Please submit all bug reports to inn-bugs at isc.org. Please send all
patches to inn-patches at isc.org.
inn at isc.org
Russ Allbery (rra at stanford.edu) <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>
More information about the inn-workers