Rebuilding history after a powerdown

StediS stedis at radiolink.net
Tue Jan 9 10:48:24 UTC 2001

Yesterday  we had a powerdown, history was corrupted so I tried:

makehistory -O -b

watching news.notice I've seen a lot of "bad article handle" errors

tradspool: can't determine class: [...] : Bad article handle

but configs are ok.

Anyway it finished but just with a partial success.

HEAD nntp commands with Message-ID as argument always return 430.

I'm rebuilding history for the second time,
but I'd like to know if there is a  specific better strategy
to deal with these situations. A safe way to recover only once.

Thanks a lot.

Ste