time spent writing history..

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 23 23:31:17 UTC 2001

Fabien Tassin <fta at sofaraway.org> writes:

> hmm.. looks good. Time to port the precommit artifice to INN 2.*.
> Russ, do think it is still possible ?

I could have sworn it was already there.  Huh.  It shouldn't be hard; I
think the easiest approach is to just abuse the history cache by allowing
one to insert an entry into the history cache without putting it into the
history file, tagged somehow so that when you later do a full HISwrite, it
doesn't get in the way.

That was part of my mental design for the caching layer on the new history
API anyway, since I'd like to handle both pre-commit and hopefully WIP
that way.