[dan at waycom.com: Re: Radius Help Anyone ?]

John Newman jnn at jump.net
Wed Jan 24 00:09:20 UTC 2001

Forwarded at Daniel's request, since he lost the message...

--
John

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --

From: "Daniel G. Thompson" <dan at waycom.com>
To: <jnn at jump.net>
Subject: Re: Radius Help Anyone ?
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:00:33 -0500

John,

Thanks for your response. Actually I found the part about needing to
hardcode
the path in early in the game. My problem was that I kept getting rejects
from
the radius server. The actual problem was that all of my dialup servers are
Ascend products so I use Ascend radius. Ascend radius did not like the
requests
for some reason, and would not log enough information for me to tell what
was
happening. Eventually I downloaded the most recent version of Cistron Radius
and set it up on another machine. Within 20 minutes of compiling the Cistron
Radius I had it configured and answering requests from the news server.

>From what I read in the docs for the Cistron Radiusd it appears that I can
also
use this daemon just fine with my Ascend Access Servers. I have not tried
this
yet, but should have a new one here within a few days that I can test with
( and
still keep the natives happy ... ).

What we learned from this ?
Documentation should include references to the fact that the radius client
that
is included with inn-2.3.0 does not work with Ascend Radius. The
documentation
should also include references to radius daemons that do work with the
radius client (ie: Cistron).

Dan Thompson
dan at waycom.com