expire info in history when using CNFS

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 26 13:03:02 UTC 2001

Fabien Tassin <fta at sofaraway.org> writes:

> I agree.. but it requires *a lot* of RAM to be fast. My expire process
> usually takes between 350 and 500MB of RAM. As my innd takes around
> 150MB and I have two innfeed (350MB + 50MB), it is easy to start
> swaping,

You should be able to cut back on your innfeed memory usage quite a bit.
Mine are 16MB, 6MB, and 6MB.  Break out binaries into a separate innfeed
process and reduce it's max-queue-size; the default of 25 is way too long
for large binaries.  Instead, set the queue size for that innfeed to about
5.  Also make sure you're using min-queue-connection.  (I wonder if
min-queue-connection should even be an option, or if we should just always
turn it on unconditionally.)

> especially if a control message arrives during expire forcing innd to
> flush its funnels (forcing me to keep another instance of each innfeed
> for a time, sometime several instances).

Yeah, we really need to fix this.