strange renumbering problems

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Sun Jul 8 10:57:21 UTC 2001

Here is one which I don't understand at all.  Since I was unable to
use trad indexed for my overview data (any progress on this?) I
switched to ovdb which seems to work (completes without errors
anyway).

However I have at least one group not all of whose articles are
getting in the database -- because the first number in the group (trad
spool) is 2 but the lowest number in the active file is a much bigger
number and when I told innd to renumber it didn't change the active
file.  Some of these articles are old, but expire is not deleting
them.

I am using the July 3 STABLe distribution.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

--
         John Covici
         covici at ccs.covici.com