news.daily with expdir

Alex Kiernan alexk at demon.net
Wed Jul 18 10:37:24 UTC 2001

I'm just cleaning up the last of the history API odds & ends (thanks
for the fixes/bugs thus far, there's a few more which those have made
me realise over & above the direct bugs themselves).

I'm looking at how news.daily when run with expdir set works, and
AFAICT there's no interlocks on losing articles when the history
database swaps (this is pre me starting on it BTW, I was actually
checking stable).

It looks to me like expire does the reserve/pause/unreserve/unpause,
but unlike the manual page's implication expire doesn't leave the
server paused & news.daily doesn't attempt to unpause it.

Or am I missing something?