inn-CURRENT-20010718 argparse.c build error under Linux

Joe St Sauver JOE at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Wed Jul 18 16:49:20 UTC 2001

When trying a "make update" against inn-CURRENT-20010718 after configuring
with:

./configure \
  --with-perl \
  --with-python=no \
  --with-tcl=no \
  --enable-tagged-hash=no \
  --enable-largefiles \
  --with-syslog-facility=LOG_NEWS \
  --with-sendmail=/usr/sbin/sendmail \
  --with-berkeleydb=no \
  --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl

under Linux 2.4.6-ac2 I'm seeing:

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/inn-CURRENT-20010718/lib'
gcc -g -O2 -I../include  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c argparse.c
In file included from ../include/config.h:20,
                 from argparse.c:1:
../include/inn/defines.h:22:24: inn/system.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [argparse.o] Error 1

Rather interestingly, if I do a make, and then do a make update, everything
builds and updates fine.

Shouldn't there be a dependency in the makefile to handle this sort of a
situation?

I'd also note that because inn.conf doesn't get updated, hismethod ends up
being undefined by default in inn.conf -- maybe omissions of required
entities in inn.conf could be flagged at the end of the make update, or if
there is only hisv6 maybe that could be automatically added to inn.conf?

Thanks,

Joe