Potential History file corruption?

Roman Gollent roman at pobox.com
Thu Jul 19 18:29:32 UTC 2001

Thanks for the offer!

I have good news and bad news.  Bad news is, we've nuked the
files (I doubt you would want to receive an 800 meg history
file with associated db files even with good compression
;-).  The good news is that recompiling INN with gcc as
opposed to Sun Forte C fixed the problem.  It would make
sense for someone else to try compiling INN with Forte C
just to make sure that there is more than one data point.
If you would like, I can send you a solaris package with inn
compiled using Forte C, should you wish to reproduce the
problem.

Best Regards,
Roman