Potential History file corruption?

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 20 21:08:50 UTC 2001

Ron Jarrell <jarrell at solaris.cc.vt.edu> writes:
> At 07:00 AM 7/20/01 +0100, Alex Kiernan wrote:

>> Forte C 6 is what I use, so I really want to see some proof before
>> blaming the compiler.

> It's what I use to; kind of had to, if I wanted largefiles...

Just for the record, gcc can compile with large file support fine; you
don't need to build 64-bit to get large files.

> Other than the ovdb problems, like the db->put failure, and the
> occiasional whacko article number, I haven't seen any problems.  If I
> could just get expire to finish in less than 48 hours...

We're separately having all kinds of problems with BerkeleyDB with Cyrus's
IMAP server.  :/  I'm really starting to believe that the problems with
ovdb are actually BerkeleyDB problems.