Potential History file corruption?

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Jul 21 06:00:56 UTC 2001

Alex Kiernan <alexk at demon.net> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> writes:

>> We're separately having all kinds of problems with BerkeleyDB with
>> Cyrus's IMAP server.  :/ I'm really starting to believe that the
>> problems with ovdb are actually BerkeleyDB problems.

> Thats *very* interesting... are you seeing similar kinds of symptoms?

What we've been getting is that, after a couple of days of running,
everything that tries to access the database just hangs.  Including the
program that's supposed to break deadlocks.  I don't remember enough of
the threads here to remember if that's also one of the various symptoms
people are seeing.

Some kind of locking problem somewhere, I'm sure, but we've not tracked it
down yet.