tradindexed endianess problem

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Tue Jul 24 01:30:36 UTC 2001

Is tradindexed endian safe? (I suspect it's not, because I see it reads
structures like GROUPENTRY which have ints inside them.)
I'm asking this because I just installed a solaris/sparc nnrpd which
NFS mounts the spool written by a i386/linux innd and I can't access any
group:

200 newsserver InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.3.3 (20010620 prerelease) ready (posting ok).
group it.test
411 No such group it.test
list active it.test
215 Newsgroups in form "group high low flags".
it.test 0000030646 0000026927 y
.

The same thing works fine on my production i386 reader boxes (after
some swearing, patching and turning the appropriate knobs for NFS
operations).

--
ciao,
Marco