Authentication ?

qdivya1 at avnika.corp.mot.com qdivya1 at avnika.corp.mot.com
Wed Jul 25 18:38:49 UTC 2001

Hi,

I am interested in exploring two items:

(1) Authenticating users against LDAP, and
(2) Authorizing their access into Newsgroups based upon their membership
in a group ..

Has any work been done in this respect?

Regards

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Graeme Mathieson wrote:

> Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:04:04 +0100
> From: Graeme Mathieson <graeme at mathie.cx>
> To: inn-workers at isc.org
> Cc: D.Kavadas at crcert.unsw.edu.au
> Subject: Re: Authentication ?
>

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 05:15:40PM +1000, D.Kavadas at crcert.unsw.edu.au wrote:
> >
> > Is there any way to authenticate users via LDAP or PAM ?
>
> Assuming you're using INN 2.3.x, pamckpasswd should do what you're
> looking for.  It can be found at:
>
> http://www.mathie.cx/~graeme/software/pamckpasswd.tar.gz
>
> The example in the tarball shows it authenticating with the system
> password file, but I have had reports of people successfully using it to
> authenticate using LDAP and from an NT domain.
>
> --
> graeme+sig at mathie.cx                          http://www.mathie.cx/~graeme/

Divya Sundaram ----------------------------- CONDITUR IN PETRA
We don't need more strength, or greater opportunity. What we
need is to use what we have.                  - BASIL S. WALSH
--------- Motorola OneIT -- Enabling the Enterprise ----------