Outgoing not working

Ron Jarrell jarrell at solaris.cc.vt.edu
Tue Jul 31 18:29:01 UTC 2001

At 06:23 PM 7/31/01 +0900, you wrote:

>In article <E1B42CFD544FD31193EE0000E87C5CE79034D6 at mailserver2.mqsoftware.com>,
>        "Kelly F. Hickel" <kfh at mqsoftware.com> wrote;
>
>} As near as I can tell, nothing appears in pathlog/news for that article.
>
>Looks weird.
>
>In article <E1B42CFD544FD31193EE0000E87C5CE79034B0 at MAILSERVER2>,
>        "Kelly F. Hickel" <kfh at mqsoftware.com> wrote;
>
>} Jul 27 12:39:50 10.1.0.18 nnrpd[29787]: kfh.mqsoftware.com post ok
>} <3r93mt04ijb9evqoksqflg84hibrn70pv8 at 4ax.com>

Hmm.  You know, I've been seeing innfeed errors for messageids very like that.
They've been calling them invalid.  I was thinking that they might have exceeded
an innfeed internal size limit for messageids, but haven't had the time to actually
go *look* at the code.  It looks like it transmits them fine, but freaks when they
come back in the return code. Here's a small sample:

Jul 24 00:04:14 solaris innfeed[13048]: [ID 374417 news.error] jmu-big:1 cxnsleep message-id invalid message-id in reponse code 431 : <luholtsgpf5n3u317c56s2qc549u7pvpme at 4ax.com>
Jul 25 03:20:47 solaris innfeed[13116]: [ID 374417 news.error] jmu-big:1 cxnsleep message-id invalid message-id in reponse code 431 : <hetoltgbbp8ho1onrt1figug9qfjr501ak at 4ax.com>
Jul 27 12:26:39 solaris innfeed[26727]: [ID 374417 news.error] jmu-big:0 cxnsleep message-id invalid message-id in reponse code 431 : <_J087.16304$v5.2647350 at typhoon.austin.rr.com>
Jul 28 04:00:26 solaris innfeed[18617]: [ID 374417 news.error] jmu-big:0 cxnsleep message-id invalid message-id in reponse code 431 : <g9r4mtsr3ickd6sj8rtid86t3m794l3hvl at 4ax.com>
Jul 30 00:02:43 solaris innfeed[5329]: [ID 374417 news.error] jmu-big:1 cxnsleep message-id invalid message-id in reponse code 431 : <e2u5mtg3rl4r67164dgug3jq84n5vrlci1 at 4ax.com>

Although, now that I look at them, it's interesting that they're all (including the other few hundred I
just found) from that particular feed.  It's pretty backlogged.  Would you get that error if they 431'd
an article that it turns out I didn't actually have anymore after offering to them?