inn 2.3.1 example files.

Dickon Hood dickon.hood at bbc.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 16:37:58 UTC 2001

Having just spent quite a while head-scratching over exactly *why* the
brand new installations of 2.3.1 refuse to feed articles to one another, I
checked the config of another, older, unconnected server and found an
oddity.

If you take the example newsfeeds file, and uncomment the innfeed entry,
then use the news.uu.net entry as a template for other feeds, it won't
work: you need to add '*,' to the pattern field of the feed site.

ie:

#news.uu.net/uunet\
#       :*,!junk,!control*/!foo\
#       :Tm:innfeed!

All easily enough solved by carefully reading the documentation, but who
does that..?

Apologies if it's fixed in 2.3.2 - I've not had a chance to look.

Ta.

--
Dickon Hood

BBC Internet Services,
Kingswood Warren.
(+44 1737 8)39754.  Mail me.  Don't phone if possible.  Ta.