makedbz -i still running at 125+ hours

Miquel van Smoorenburg list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl
Mon Jun 11 08:28:01 UTC 2001

In article <01K4M5YGNLG290N44C at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>,
Joe St Sauver  <JOE at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU> wrote:
>Recall my makedbz -i on a history file with 44,759,312
>entries... it is still running at 125+ CPU hours on a
>PIII 1GHz system, with history.n.hash 224,976,390 octets
>in size, and history.n.index 299,968,520 octets in size.
>
>I think it is fair to say that makedbz -i cannot be
>recommended as a recovery strategy given the duration of
>that run time (with no end in sight).

It's weird, I ran makedbz -i on the history database on one of
my servers just a few days ago. It had something like 17,000,000
entries and finished in a few minutes. INN-2.4 CVS, no tagged hash.

Mike.

Reply to the list or to miquels at cistron-office.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)