requeuing chunks of the spool?

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Fri Jun 15 14:43:30 UTC 2001

Ok, I've been out of touch for a while; my server was running a relatively stable post 2.2
snapshot, and got pulled away to do other projects for a while, only able to kick the
servers tires now and again.

Well, they finally listened to my comments that our old server was too slow, and had way
to little disk space, and got me some new hardware, and I've gotten 2.3.2 built on it, with
ovdb, and mostly cnfs.  (The old server was running cnfs as well).  I wanted to requeue
about the last 180 days worth of our local groups, which are all in cnfs buffers, and
send them over to the new system.  Last time I did this, I just used newsrequeue and
fed it the history file.  Which would work fine now, except that the 2.2 newsrequeue
is still expecting message-ids, and the history file hasn't had plain text message ids for a
while.  And the 2.3.2 newsrequeue solved that by only supporting log files (and I don't
have 6 months of log files...)

So any suggestions on a straightforward way to requeue the last N days of the hierarchies
I'm interested in?