NFS and endianity

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Sat Jun 16 17:49:55 UTC 2001

On Jun 16, Katsuhiro Kondou <Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org> wrote:

 >} Can somebody confirm the history database of INN 2.2 cannot be shared
 >} among hosts with different endianity (like sparc and intel)?
 >I've never used in such case, but dbz.c does not use
 >short/int/long to store/fetch data.  So I think it
 >should work.
I'm asking because I inherited a setup with a solaris/sparc writer and
multiple solaris/sparc and linux/i386 readers, and lookups by Message-ID
(nnrpd or grephistory) works on the writer and the solaris readers but
not on the i386 readers.
I can only think about some endianity problem, do you have any other
idea?

--
ciao,
Marco