controlchan

Matthew C. Aycock matt at mathcs.emory.edu
Tue Jun 19 19:16:09 UTC 2001

I am trying to use the current (as of this morning) cvs tree on Solaris 8 4/01
and I have having some problems with controlchan. I am using perl
	Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 4 subversion 4) configuration
on solaris 8 and getting a syntax error on controlchan:

/news/bin/perl -cw /news/bin/controlchan
syntax error at /news/bin/controlchan line 326, near ""    $_\n" foreach "
/news/bin/controlchan had compilation errors.

The offending line in controlchan is:
	print LOGFILE "    $_\n" foreach (@$headers, '', @$body, '');

I know nothing about perl, so I thought I would ask the list. Is anyone else
having similar problems?

Thanks,

Matt
Matthew C. Aycock
Operating Systems Analyst/Developer, Lead
Dept Math/CS
Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Internet:  matt at mathcs.emory.edu