Log rotation (unwanted.log, tally.unwanted)

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Wed Jun 27 11:00:51 UTC 2001

Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou at isc.org> wrote:

> Looking into repository, tally.unwanted usage in scanlogs was
> dropped just after the repository was created.

As I wrote, tally.unwanted is still mentioned in scanlogs.
This is from inn-STABLE-20010622's scanlogs:

##  Where tally control and unwanted processors are found.
TALLY_CONTROL=${PATHBIN}/tally.control
TALLY_UNWANTED=${PATHBIN}/tally.unwanted
UNWANTED_LOG=${MOST_LOGS}/unwanted.log
CONTROL_LOG=${MOST_LOGS}/control.log
[...]

[~/bin]$ ll tally*
-r-xr-x---    1 news     news     1380 Jun 26 14:38 tally.control

> From commit message;
>
> scanlogs-backend.pl replaces tally.unwanted as well, since it parses the
> same file (${MOST_LOGS}/news) to get its data. There may be a file locking
> issue which I just broke (the old scanlogs had tally.unwanted inside a
> section where inn was paused).
>
> scanlogs-backend.pl was located under obsolete from the begining
> and was also dropped, though.

tally.unwanted was replaced by scanlogs-backend.pl, which was also
dropped?

The unwanted.log is resetted daily without tally.unwanted (or what-
ever), which makes the unwanted.log nearly completely useless. :-/

tally.unwanted is still in scanlogs, so why not simply bring it back?

Bye,
Bettina