active file has strange low/hi mark values

Eric McDonald ericm at rain.org
Thu Jun 28 22:44:06 UTC 2001

Yes--I've completely rm -rf *'d the overview database and rebuilt it
recently (both uniover and overview dirs).

I'm using uniover with cnnfs, and I have both an overview and a uniover in
my /var/spool/news directory.

I then ran the makehistory command:

makehistory -x -t h -O -I <somefile>

along with sort -t' ' +1 -2 <somefile> | expireindex -a -o -z

to follow and it rebuilt my uniover and overview directories...

The bogus #'s come right back.  It's some type of range error in the type
with Linux on Sparc maybe?

Eric