configure: sendmail search path

Winfried Magerl winfried.magerl at mch.sbs.de
Fri Mar 2 11:25:23 UTC 2001

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 02:28:43PM +0900, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.30.0103011753410.30826-200000 at pcmy.sei.cmu.edu>,
> 	James Ralston <qralston+ml.inn-workers at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote;
>
> } For that reason, I suggest switching the order of directories in which
> } configure looks for a sendmail binary to put /usr/sbin before
> } /usr/lib; if a sendmail binary exists in both, then /usr/sbin is
> } probably the correct path to use (and therefore to suggest)...
>
> Anyone objects this?

SunOS-5.[567] has only /usr/lib/sendmail
IRIX-6.[25] has only /usr/lib/sendmail
ReliantUNIX has only /usr/sbin/sendmail
RedHat-Linux has /usr/sbin/sendmail and a softlink in /usr/lib/sendmail
My private Linux (no distribution) has only /usr/sbin/sendmail

I think it's worth to change the search-order because it shouldn't hurt
"normal" systems and it's better for systems which use a softlink
in /usr/lib/sendmail for historical reasons.

regards

	winfried

--
Winfried Magerl - Internet Administration
Siemens Business Services, 81739 Munich, Germany
Internet-Mail: Winfried.Magerl at mch.sbs.de