./configure with OpenSSL

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sat Mar 3 02:29:14 UTC 2001

I just tried to ./configure the latest CURRENT, and it died looking for
the SSL stuff.  I pored through it and then asked $autoconfGuru who says:

| I'm not sure what the right fix is.  Essentially, you can compile
| OpenSSL with rsaref or without it.  If you use it, you need to link it
| in when you link in crypto.  If not, linking it in appears to break
| things.  So they test to see if you have rsaref installed, and if you
| do, they assume that you compiled openssl with it.  Which we didn't.

So I don't know how to check if openssl was compiled with rsaref, but at
present it dies with our config even though it _could_ work, it seems.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org