RSA (was Re: ./configure with OpenSSL)

Matus "fantomas" Uhlar uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Mar 5 17:56:14 UTC 2001

-> I just tried to ./configure the latest CURRENT, and it died looking for
-> the SSL stuff.  I pored through it and then asked $autoconfGuru who says:
->
-> | I'm not sure what the right fix is.  Essentially, you can compile
-> | OpenSSL with rsaref or without it.  If you use it, you need to link it
-> | in when you link in crypto.  If not, linking it in appears to break
-> | things.  So they test to see if you have rsaref installed, and if you
-> | do, they assume that you compiled openssl with it.  Which we didn't.
->
-> So I don't know how to check if openssl was compiled with rsaref, but at
-> present it dies with our config even though it _could_ work, it seems.

afaik RSA patent is already out of date, do we still need RSAREF?
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar at fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/