"post failed 435 Duplicate" logging suggestion

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Thu Mar 8 16:12:16 UTC 2001

Hi,

if a readers tries to post an article with a Message-ID
that's already or still known by the server, you get a
log entry like that:

| Mar  8 16:04:39 [server] nnrpd[21097]: [ID 265664 news.warning]
| [reader] post failed 435 Duplicate

I would like to see the Message-ID of that article in
the log, that would be a great help for debugging and
support.

I think I could see the Message-ID when putting nnrpd
or innd in tracing mode, but think it wouldn't be too
verbose to log the refused Message-ID by default without
sending nnrpd or innd in tracing mode.

Bye,
Bettina