History cache performance?

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Mar 8 18:51:44 UTC 2001

In article <200103081819.VAA27500 at kremvax.demos.su>,
Andrew A. Vasilyev <andy at demos.su> wrote:
| > I assume it is hist file locking, not hist *cache*. Right ?
|
|   Oh-h, bad idea to read across the strings :((( Saw 'locking'
|   and 'mlock' somewhere in the thread and decided these all about
|   the history file locking. Sorry!

  No, I tried cache locking. I also tried locking in hash and that
didn't do anything enough to notice. I tried the mlock.c posted here,
and my own similar program, neight of which got me anything to notice.

  The machine has ~1G free memory, so I didn't expect anything to be
swapped, but one never knows with computers.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc