ctlinnd trace nnrpd?

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Thu Mar 8 22:31:53 UTC 2001

Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou at nec.co.jp> wrote:

> } I've applied the patch and restarted everything (because I did
> } an update to the latest STABLE snapshot in the same run): Still
> } nothing more than the normal output in my logs ...
>
> Did you send SIGHUP to nnrpd, not thru ctlinnd?

Ah, *bingo*!

When I did "ctlinnd trace n y" and "kill -HUP <master_nnrpd_pid>"
without your patch, the master nnrpd died without core and notice.

Now "ctlinnd trace n y" and "kill -HUP <master_nnrpd_pid>" works.
Tons of wonderful log output. But I bet I'll ever forget that "kill
-HUP" thing ...

So everything looks fine, please add the patch to STABLE (and
a note about the "kill -HUP" thing when running nnrpd standalone
in big fat letters to the documentation ;-).

Bye,
Bettina